This is a complex but well planned and specified project.
You will need extensive programming skills to make the program work effectively, since there will be a lot of data involved.
Basic features of the software:
- User registration, login/logout, Forgot-Password, entering multiple ebay accounts, user default bidding currency etc.
- User-specific searches on ebay that are run in cronjobs and the results parsed and updated into a database.
- An interface for the user to browse search results, delete items and add others.
- Interface for the user to manage lists of words to be excluded from the search results
- Email alerts to the users when certain conditions are met, for instance certain results show up in a search, certain
auctions are running out soon.
- Automated bidding seconds before the auction ends (sniping)
The programming language is basically up to you. Java is probably better than PHP as there will be a lot of tasks running parallel and in the background. For the plain user registration etc. we could use any existing framework.
It has to be clean coded, there is no rush. For example, whenever there is parsing/web-scraping involved, I want the regular expressions to be all in one place so they can be modified should Ebay change their layout, which they tend to do over and over again.
Basic knowledge of Ebay-API can be an advantage.
From this description I am not really expecting you to make a binding offer. Please place a bid and get in touch with me so we can discuss further details to get a better estimate on the scope of this project.
Please, I can't stress this enough. I am looking for an advanced developer!