Open to other suggestions of how to accomplish the same goals.
When the Web Terminal Server is installed on the host computer providing the terminal, the legacy system can be managed through a web browser without a dedicated terminal or terminal emulator. As only one server is used, the costs associated with the installation and maintenance of the terminal emulator in each of the client PCs are eliminated.
- This solution allows legacy systems can be used in a GUI (Graphical User Interface) environment. It then becomes possible to format input items, hyperlink screen flow, and allocate and change function keys.
- It allows multiple legacy systems to be displayed and managed on one screen.
- Java Application Interface that allows legacy data to be accessed through other applications.
- Spool data, which could only be printed out on the host computer's spool printer, can be formatted into PDF data and printed on a normal printer.
- Supports Wyse 60, 25 Line Emulation with support for automatically switching from 80 to 132 column based on a specific command sent from the UNIX host.
- Allows for program to be executed on the client side to facilitate screen scrape functions for image overlay,hyperlink overlay,function key licsening, etc...
- Duplicate all other basic functionality of "Co*STAR for the Web" from <[url removed, login to view]>
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Mar 6, 2006 1:06:22 PM:
Everyone who has bid so far has had relatively the same questions. In order to clarify, I need to let you know what my desired results are. We presently run CoStar for the Web ([url removed, login to view]) in order to access applications on our UNIX host, but some of our clients have expressed dissatisfaction with needing to run CoStar for the Web on a Windows server in order to access their UNIX applications. Because of this, we went in search of a replacement for CoStar for the Web that will run on the same UNIX host as the telnet applications. We found anyterm ([url removed, login to view]), but want to have our own solution as opposed to one that we have no control over or source code to. As long as we can get a solution to replace CoStar for the Web that does everything that CoStar for the Web does, but runs on UNIX or LINUX with Apache , we are open to suggestions.
Any Platform with Apache