Our site is a games site. It has download games for PC and Mac, online games, and game category pages. Games are taken from several casual games affiliate programs.
•Each Download game has a description page, including images and links to buy/download.
•Each online game has a description page and a game page that displays the online game in an iFrame.
•All the games are listed and linked from category pages.
The converted site will contain games drawn from one affiliate XML feed program only, plus additional manually-entered games.
I want to convert the site to PHP pages that:
•Are dynamically generated and automatically updated daily in the sections and pages required.
•Use our existing html/htm extension
• Display the content for PC, Mac and Online games from XML feeds from one affiliate program and games I add manually.
I need to:
• Be able to manually input new games into the database from other distributors
• Be able to manually input existing games from other distributors that are on our current site
• Automatically update the site with new games daily from the XML feed, and games I have added manually
• Have a simple and easily managed backend.
• Protect my existing Search Engine Ranking and links from social media and other sites that currently link to our pages. THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT
• Use the Mod Rewrite function to turn the URLs of the dynamically generated pages into search engine friendly, static .htm URLs.
• Be able to make simple changes to the new dynamic site: example, number of games listed on a category page, text for headings etc. More complex changes would be future work.
• Clean up a mix of naming conventions
My thoughts about the cost for this work:
• I need to do this job as economically as possible, but I understand the value of the skills needed for the work.
• I am open to suggestions about alternative platforms for the conversion, instead of PHP.
• I am willing and able to do some of the htaccess work or 301 redirects, to help keep the price of the job down
Compatibility Specifications for the modified template and HTML pages
• All site pages must be cross browser compatible with IE7+, Firefox 2+, Safari 3+, Chrome 8 and other Standards Supporting Browsers.
• All HTML and CSS code must validate with W3C
• Generated pages should be - DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is very important. All site pages must be SEO friendly for Google and other major search engines.
I have attached a document with more details about the job:
• Please put in your bid for the work and we can discuss your approach before the job is awarded.
• Please contact me with any questions or requests for more information if you need this.
I may have given too much information in the brief, but I would rather do that than run into problems when the job has started.
Please include READ AND UNDERSTAND in your reply.