I have a customer who needs an e-commerce portal built. This customer has a large number of affiliates who would sign into the site via user and pass so they could purchase at a special price (The whole site will be protected except the login page).
The items they sell have areas on them that are metal and this area is for inscriptions. I am tasked to come up with a system where any of the affiliates can choose a product to buy then be shown an image of the product where they can use one of 10 fonts (with different sizes) to place the inscription where they want the inscription to be engraved. When they have it the way they want it to appear they can hit a button that says something like "I approve this' and the image will be saved exactly as they requested.
We will collect the ordering information (affiliate name, shipping info, etc). along with the font(s) and font size(s) used (and the image itself). We will need to insert the info into a csv file (built according to their guidelines) and deliver this csv daily with all of the day's order info. SOMEHOW we will have to associate the images with the correct line item. (NOTE: Not all items can be engraved so it'll only be necessary to put it with the appropriate ones.)
All data about all orders have to also be maintained within the system (on the server?) for auditing purposes.
There will have to be a couple of back-end areas developed; one for the affiliates to track their orders and one for the admin (company) so they can manually input order status.
For what it's worth, the system (including the drop shipper's offline paperwork) has to be SAS 70 Certifiable. I don't think that has a lot to do with the online end as long as we can prove all orders and keep decent records. All manual entries will be the drop-shippers problem.
I only have 3 days to come up with a proposal otherwise I stand to lose this project.
I have a programmer here that will manage the project. He is good with php and databases, etc. but doen't know how to do the engraving part.
Please... if you are interested, contact me FAST. My buget is much more than what is displayed above.
I just can't find a place to change it.
A couple of people have asked for a more defined list of tasks. I have put together the following:
1. create a secure e-commerce site with affiliate program (unlimited number of affiliates but starting with 1500). An affiliate is a location that is a buyer. They will log into the site and make a purchase and the shopping cart software (or affiliate software) has to recognize that it is that particular location that is buying
2. shopping cart starts out with about 70 items but should be able to increase to infinite. Items will also have variations - small, medium, large, black, blue, pink, etc. Also, pink items can also have a small, med and large too.
3. Some of the items have areas for engraving so if a person buys one they need to be transferred to (or shown) a writable image where they can select font and size then "write" the engraved message on the picture of the item purchased. They need to be able to use different fonts per line and different sizes of fonts. They also need to be able to move the message around the product image until they get it positioned exactly where they want it. (Think of this like a multi-layered psd file where the image is on the bottom layer and the text is on other layers so they can move the text around over the image.)
As an example, let's think of a trophy site (but this is not one). A location buys a trophy and wants the plaque on the base of the trophy engraved a specific way. After placing the order, an image of the trophy base would be shown to the buyer. The buyer would be presented an online tool that would allow him to type text and the text would appear on the trophy's image and the buyer could move it around to position it where they want the engraving to end up on the real product.
The products are of various sizes so the system needs to understand that a 20pt font won't it a small product. They will be using the data retrieved from the order to do the engraving later so the site needs to save the image with text, the font(s) and the font size(s) in the csv (or, maybe a link to the image that is kept online).
4. The order will be added to a csv file (field specifics - as in field lenghth - will provided by my customer)and the site/csv will accumulate all orders throughout the day. Then, in early morning a cron job will forward the csv with the day's accumulated sales to their office for shipping.
5. Along with, or included inside, the csv will be the image created in #3 above with the text positioned EXACTLY as the customer requested -- font name(s), font size(s), etc..
6. There will not be a payment gateway because my customer will manually create an invoice monthly so sales info has to be accurate and displayed in a sensible manner and will also need to have the ability to be downloaded so they can print the report out for their billing department. However, I would like to make sure there are provisions built in just in case they decide later to accept payment at the time of purchase.
7. All order activity will be stored on the server indefinitely also. This includes an admin area where my customer can log into and add order handling details and shipping information. There will be 2 sides to this admin area - one for the site owner to enter details and one for the location to view order details.
8. The system (in whole) has to be SAS70 compliant which means that the system has to be able to hold data in a way to be able to prove to an external auditor who could come in at any time that everything was accomplished correctly and that all customer data is very secure.