I need a Flash component that I can embed in my web pages that is a simple **e-mail list sign-up form**.
1. It should do an HTTP form POST to a configurable URL when the user selects the "Sign Up" button.
2. It should not require a screen refresh as it does the POST. The idea is to let my customers sign up for my list without having to leave my page. That's why I want to use Flash instead of an HTML form.
3. If the result of the POST is successful (i.e. an HTTPStatus code of 200), the component should display a configurable message. It should also hide or disable the input controls.
4. If the result of the POST is unsuccessful (i.e. an HTTPStatus code other than 200), the component should display a configurable error message.
5. The component should allow me to provide a list of fields and values that would normally be hidden form fields if this were an HTML form. The idea is that I want to be able to POST to QuickPayPro.com. They require several hidden form fields such as "adminid", etc. These could be provided as a single comma delimited string (e.g. "adminid=1234,companyname=[url removed, login to view],trackingid=9876")
6. The component should capture up to four fields. The label, name, type, length, max length, and whether it is a required field should be sent to the component via FlashVars. For example:
<param name=field1 value="First Name, fname, text, 20, 30, req" />
The only "type" values to support in this version are "text" (intended for gathering free-form text like names) and "email".
7. The component should provide input validation on all required inputs. Required inputs must be provided (i.e. have text in the field), and inputs of type "email" should also be validated for correctness of form.
8. It would be really cool if the component could have the option of being transparent. I also want to be able to set the background color of the component via FlashVars.
9. The component should be vertically oriented, with one input field per row. Alignment (left, center, or right) should be a FlashVar, too.
I've seen a couple of components like this before, so I know there's some code out there to do it. I just don't have time to look. This should be a snap for either an experienced ActionScripter or somebody who has done it before.
Common RAC terms apply: I get the source code and the right to use it as I see fit.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
All platforms supported by Macromedia Flash.