The project is about creating a Plugin for WordPress that enables easy deployment between various installations (for instance Development, Staging, Live), and it should take care of:
– Easy to use for non-technical people, with the click of a button
– Synchronize WordPress core files, Themes, Plugins
– Synchronize the Database
– Synchronize any uploaded files in the Media Library (image, videos, etc..)
– Allow to review (and hand-pick) the changes that will be made before pushing them
– Easy rollback in case of mistakes or problems (with a recovery plan if the Live installation becomes inaccessible)
– The design is not really important, as we can customize it internally.
– Possibly with zero downtime when pushing the changes to the Live instance.
Deadline: I'd like to have it ready by the 20st of January, 2013
- Security is a must.
- The payment will be made when the Plugin has been successfully tested and proven to work as expected.
- Enterprise level website
- About 100.000 monthly visits and growing
- High profile server
- Making it as easy and secure as possible to synchronize and rollback changes
The workflow is:
- We setup 3 or more installations of WordPress (Development, Staging, Live), on different remote servers or folders, all with different databases.
- The Development team makes changes on the Development instance to test new code, update the WordPress core, upgrade the database when new WP versions come up, etc...
- Once the devs are ready, the changes have to be pushed to the Staging instance.
- On the Staging instance, the Content team will update the content (posts, pages, media, etc..).
- Everything gets reviewed on the Staging instance, and then pushed to the Live instance.
About the UI, it's not necessary to have it beautifully designed because we can customize it internally, however it should have basically 2 pages:
- A page to add the deployment targets
- An History page of all the deployments done, with the possibility to rollback to any point.
- Deployments saved in the history should keep a list with the changes made.
- In the same page, there should be a button "Deploy to", which allows to choose the instance where to deploy
- Before beginning the deployment, there should be an intermediate step that allows to check all the changes that will be made (and allow to manually check/uncheck some)
Some more details:
- The synchronization (especially for the static files, images videos etc...) should be smart enough to skip unchanged files, to speed up the process and avoid downloading/uploading too many files.
- We can rely on some kind of version management system (like GIT), however the deployment process should be controlled entirely via UI (click of a button)
10 freelancers are bidding on average €226 for this job
Hi, We offers professional High-End Quality Design and Development service with a extensive work experience in OpenCart,Wordpress,PHP,Joomla and other Web development. Check PM for portfolio and details. Thanks :)