I am requesting a proposal for a small business website that works as a news service.
The coder should design and develop a website that shall have the following features:
- a interactive index page with Flash menues (layout, options, logo to be discussed later. Open to your proposals).
- the uploaded news articles needs to be stored, indexed for a search; titles (linked to the articles) need to get into a scrolling news list (almost like on Rent-a-Coder page)
- search needs to be boolean and could be based on key-words (full text), dates, themes, etc;
- archived (old news articles) need to be stored onsite (flat text format is fine), with the access controlled according to users' permissions
- discussion groups need to be created dynamically for every news article.
- ability to send mass emails to users accounts (with customizable email templates) where users names are taken from a database and placed into emails
- a daily list of news is to be emailed to the customers who requested it
- open to suggestions
- be able to create new directories and upload news articles (according to a template);
- be able to manipulate the list of current news article (rank, add comments, etc)
- review all users' materials through the admin interface
- to login (https),
- access their accounts,
- make payments (credit card/check),
- receive a confirmation number of the transaction.
- coding preferrably done in Perl, PHP is OK
- full FTP access to Buyers web site will be provided
- MS Access is suggested for storage wherever necessary, but other databases could be used too
- coders with experience in similar web projects are preferred. Please, send the links to sites that you created. This project is open for suggestions/alternatives.
- we will be interested in retaining the coder to update/maintain the site/scripts in the future. Please, include your offer in the proposal
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Preferrably Windows server, UNIX is OK too