**_QuickBooks Premier Accountant Project:_**
Custom Metal Products
_Quickbooks Accountant Premier Network version 2003_
I am currently using this version of Quickbooks to enter Sales Orders and the orders are invoiced when shipped. I also create a packing slip, a Bill of Lading, and a label from the sales order feature where I just create a different form and the shipping department brings the form up and prints out the appropriate document for the particular customer. Production and Sales departments use Quickbooks for on screen lookups and printing reports. I also use quickbooks for payroll and Accounts Payable.
Since we can only have 5 users in the system at one time I am having limitations in this process. Neither the internet version nor the next upgrade version will accomplish what I need according to the Quickbooks people I have talked to. The following is what I need to accomplish:
* Continue using quickbooks as we use it today for Sales Orders and Invoicing/Credits etc.
* Add an Odbc feature with a button on the Quickbooks screen that will create/update a data base in MS Access on the server. This database should be updated each time a New Order or change of Order is accepted into the Quickbooks data and anytime an Invoice or credit Memo etc is accepted into the Quickbooks data on the network. In other words anytime there is a change that involves sales orders or credits etc to sales and invoicing I need this information to be updated to a MS Access database on the server. From this data I will create Visual Basic 6 exe. programs that will access the data base for look up screens and reports that each user can use. This process will allow me great flexibility for a large number of users and I can use this MS Access database for future developments.
* A lookup on the internet for Quickbooks ODBC shows a package that may accomplish some of this process but the proper coding needs to happen for this to be a seamless operation. Whatever ODBC conversion to MS Access takes place I need to be able to run various Sales Open Order reports from the database on the network.
I need a bid submittal on the above process and an open order report run in VB6 from the MS Access database with the source code that I can place on a computer and test the data.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).