I have a prototype system that consists of 5 small circuit boards, housing for the boards, and cabling. The system consists of one controller board and four worker boards. The cabling consists of 4 mini-headphone cables to connect the worker boards with the controller. Also, there is a usb cable to connect the controller board to a pc.
The controller board has a PIC microcontroller, a crystal clock, assorted capacitors and resistors, and connectors for the cabling.
The worker boards have a sensor chip, signal amplifier, assorted capacitors and resistors, plus a connector for cabling.
Your task is to:
1. Examine the prototype system and make recommendations for changes to facilitate easy manufacturing.
2. Estimate the cost of manufacturing. I would like an estimate for an order of 10 systems, 1000 systems, and 5000 systems.
3. Make the minor changes in the schematics and board layouts.
4. Get firm bids from manufacturers for 10, 1000, and 5000 systems.
5. Create a timeline so I can know when I will get completed systems ready to ship to customers.
Note (1) Manufacturing is for complete systems including circuit boards with connectors, plastic housing for the boards, and cabling.
You should have a working relationship with low cost manufacturers. You should have enough knowledge of the processes involved to be able to look at the schematics and give me an estimate of the cost of manufacture that is close to what the firm bids will be.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).