Quality control / Bug Checking / Bug Fixes on www.reviewum.com.
I recently had a RAC programmer convert my site and make some changes. He did a good job, but I would like to have someone review his work, check for efficiency and look for bugs in the coding. He’s also been too busy with other projects to do some other changes for me, so I would like the new coder to finish the projects below. In addition to the bid for this project, please include your hourly rate as I’m looking for a coder I can establish a relationship with. I would especially like a coder who will make suggestions on how to improve design, layout, code, etc. etc. etc.
Here are the specific requirements for this project. Most of the items below are really simple and shouldn’t take much time at all. If you have questions or need clarification, please let me know.
1) Review the existing code and functionality for bugs and ensure that it is as efficient as possible.
2) Check / fix the ability to edit / delete books for sale & ability to email password to user upon their request.
3) Put system status variables into system file ($systemStatus, $backUpTime, & $whyNotUp)
4) Change School sort order in [url removed, login to view]
5) Fix [url removed, login to view] page so it correctly displays the data for the previous months. I suggest something like: [url removed, login to view]
6) Fix Global pass for textbooks (admin’s ability to edit / delete any book)
7) Fix calculation of difficulty to be correct.
8) Fix violation emails formatting (has too many hard returns.)
9) Textbook deletion / edit not working properly.
10) Put page count totals on a [url removed, login to view] page similar to [url removed, login to view]
11) Add toggle setting to turn all ads on / off in settings page.
12) Automated process to add schools (system checks for school name, etc.) / automated incentive program sign up.
13) Change the layout / order of the front page & review process based on attached design.
14) Add functionality to include “search by state?? (A state column will need to be added to the DB to search by state.) (a new intermediate page will need to be added)
15) Add “search by school name??. able to search using standard BOOLEAN LOGIC (search always omits (university, college, state)
16) Remove tabs and create new functional pages that compensate for what the tabs did.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4) Clean, well written code, easy to follow / edit.
5) Site must run equally well in Netscape and Microsoft IE
6) Communication: Frequent communication required, at LEAST every other day.
7) Communicate through Yahoo Messenger or AOL IM for instant communication while doing minor bug fixing.
Mail & FTP Users
Dedicated Static IP Address*
Web Access & Error Logs
Password Protected Directories
Perl 5.6.1 / PHP 4.2.3
Server Side Includes
FrontPage 2002 Support
SSH Secure Shell
POP3 / IMAP / SMTP Server