I need to rework an existing site. The new site will need to use a cms. I am thinking Mambo/Joomla, but am open to suggestions. The main features are as follows:
Admin Section so the client can add/modify pages
The home page will have a featured product, which changes every refresh based on what the visitor is interested in (cookies) if they have ever been to the site, or just randomly if not
Testimonial and new feeds on every page
Very robust shopping cart and inventory system
Product selection decision tree (products are suggested based on vistor's answers to a series of questions)
Modified dating feature
These are the main things. This is a very complex project so don't hesitate to ask any questions to ensure you understand. Details are in the attached spreadsheet. Do not include interface design in your bid. That will be separate. You will have full access to a server for development and testing.
I will only entertain bids from people with an established RAC history.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Sunday Mar 12, 2006 10:30:30 AM:
There have been some very good bids, but there seems to be some confusion as well. Some bidders are looking at this as primarily an ecommerce site and wonder why we want some of the other features. Most ecommerce sites don't have that much. This site is to be a community-builder and educational site as well as drive sales, as indicated by the sites that they like (listed in the xls file). You can also se the client's site at www.av123.com. This is actually a pretty decent site, but they don't like it. It is not cutting-edge enough ni appearance or function.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Mar 13, 2006 5:27:01 PM:
New spec addition - 'family' level pricing based . Let's take the RS760 as an example. $1499 is the regular price if someone just orders that product and has never ordered before. If they purchase the 760 as part of other items such as a center channel and surround speakers, its price reduces to $1299. Some for those center and rears. We call this FAMILY PRICING. In addition, if you ordered from us before and come back months or even a year later, you are entitled to family pricing on even single items.
Redhat Fedora 2