**Platform** Windows 2000, XP Internet Explorer (5.X and 6.X) browser helper object that works like a smart download manager
**Overview** We would like to intercept file downloads from certain web servers to the Internet Explorer web browser. These intercepted files will be processed by a command line utility before being presented to the user. Once the command line utility has successfully completed, the file is displayed to the user in its native application. The user will not be aware that anything is happening during the file download.
Currently user requests data from an application server (1) which is generated dynamically and returned through the browser (2) to be saved or opened in an Excel file. This application will intercept the data stream (2a) and preprocess the data on the user’s machine before displaying it for the user (2b).
**Description of Functionality**
A. Read initialization file:
1. Format: comma delimited in form: URL, Parameters
* URL: Web server URLs the plug-in should intercept file data streams. Content will come from server over http stream with content type application/msexcel.
* Parameters: Arguments for preprocessing tool (i.e. the policy to be applied to the file)
2. Location: $LM_Program_Install_Dir\[url removed, login to view]
B. Intercept file downloads from URLs specified in initialization file. Non-specified URLs use standard IE download process.
C. For each intercepted download:
* Save the file in a temporary location (i.e. $TEMP)
* Use a command-line application to apply policy. Policy applied to match the URL as specified in the initialization file.
* Use ShellExecute to launch file in native application)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
Windows 2000, XP
Internet Explorer (5.X and 6.X) browser helper object that works like a smart download manager