Our company has developed a Flash AS3 API for applications to display advertising on flash video clips and streams. This API has successfully been integrated with proprietary flash video players. There is a need for an open and freely distributable flash video player which works with the Adswizz advertising system. A solution to this problem would be to integrate the GPL Licensed FPlayer with the aforementioned API.
1. Display pre-roll FLV and SWF ads on a video clip, by a configurable zone id
2. Display mid-roll FLV and SWF ads on a video clip, by a configurable zone id
3. Display post-roll FLV and SWF ads on a video clip, by a configurable zone id
4. Adjust the interval of mid-roll ads by a configurable option in the player
5. Load the Adswizz Flash component from a configurable URL
6. The player SHALL be embeddable in different sizes and still show ads scaled to
match the video display area.
7. The player SHALL display ads in full screen mode, scaling the ads to match the video
8. When switching between normal and full screen mode during ads display the ad
SHALL be scaled to match the video display area.
9. The ads SHALL be played with the same volume level as the main video.
10. Volume level changes made by the user SHALL take effect on both the main video
content and on the ads.
11. The display of ads SHALL NOT modify the current volume level in any way.
12. When pre-roll, post-roll and serial mid-roll ads are displayed the main video content
SHALL NOT be playing (either it is paused or it is not playing at all).
13. When parallel mid-roll ads are displayed the video SHALL NOT be paused.
14. When the main video content is paused no mid-roll ads display SHALL be started.
15. If the Adswizz Flash component cannot be loaded then the main video content
SHALL be played without ads.
16. The time delay between the user clicking “play?? and the pre-roll ad appearing
SHOULD be minimized.