I would like a script / macro in Excel to filter data and generate reports based on valid data.
I have numerous text files that contain +30k lines of data separated by commas. Each file represents the activities of a piece of construction equipment with each line reporting the output of the instrumentation on the machines for that second. So the data comes in at one hertz and a file contains approx 12 hrs of recording.
The program needs to:
- Read the file and report strings of data that delineate the installation of a product in a single report for each installation.
- There are between 300-900 reports per file.
- Each report needs to show the raw data, show a summary table that gives max depth, max pressure, location, time start & finish etc., and 1 or 2 graphs (see below)
- In addition to a report for each installation, the program should create a summary report that lists the each of the summaries from the individual reports.
- Each continuous string of valid depths should be summarized in one report containing no more than 60 lines of raw data (for printing purposes).
- Installation start of a product can be inferred by depth reading going above zero and installation stop can be inferred by depth reading going blow zero (or 2 to eliminate some instrumentation inaccuracy)
- There will be times when there will be more than 60 lines of continuous valid depth readings. In these cases there will be many lines that have the same depth reading. In these instances the program should report a few ( ~4) lines of stagnant reading and then skip to the last line of the same depth and resume reporting normally.
- The raw data files have a date format of dd/mm/yyyy, the reports should output date in mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Each individual report needs to graphically represent the relationship between depth and pressure vs. time.
- Each page needs to have some bacground information that can be input prior to processing as well as a company logo.
- Formatiing should be uniform and look professional and should be made such that each report can be easily printed to pdf or paper for reporting and archiving.
This program does not need to utilize excel, that would be the most logical solution in my mind.
I have attached a typical raw data file (r1 8-23-12.txt.)
19 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $1128 for dette job
Hi, I can do the job, MS Access, Excel Expert, experience dealing with big and small databases Please check PMB I am looking forward to work with you Regards Diego