I need an interactive formula written for me in MS Excel.
Objective: What I'm trying to do is cut text in a cell to a specific length without chopping a word in half. If there isn't any text in the cell then I want to put some predefined text in it.
So here's a basic decision tree for what I need done.
1. Look at a specific cell.
2. Is there text in the cell?
No - Enter predefined text.
Yes - Go to a predefined character number in the text string.
3. Is there a character in the space?
No - Do nothing.
Yes - Move left to the nearest space and cut off all the text to the right of that space.
That's basically it.
The user configurable variables would be...
1. The cell to look at.
2. The predefined character number (By this I mean, go to character number "66" or "88" or whatever I define in the text string)
3. The predefined text (If there is no text I want to be able to automatically enter in my choice of one of three text strings that I've prewritten)
I hope this is understandable.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
MS Excel Windows