| Create one (1) DTS package to import a semi-structured fixed length text file into a MS SQL 2000 database table. (approx. 40 to 60 lines per file, example attached.)
Perform several predetermined calculations on the imported data, store it for future reference and prepare it to be exported with DTS. Insert previously populated values into the exported data.
(example calculations, multiple specific imported value by static value previously populated in the database. Calculate A+B+C+X=0, where A,B & C have been imported, X is calculated and exported with A, B & C in an export DTS package. (approximately 30 output rows)
Create one (1) DTS package to export a tab delimited text file (QuickBooks IIF Journal file)from a MS SQL 2000 database [url removed, login to view] from start to finish must be accomplished in not more than 14 days. $250 bonus paid for ontime delivery, total compensation $250 + $250 (on time bonus) = $500. Project begins on a mutually agreed upon start [url removed, login to view] MUST DTS and may use either ActiveX Script or Visual Basic and include a web page to initiate the import/export function. |
| Employer questions: | (1) Explain how you would architect this DTS package(s) & meet the mandatory 14 day deadline.
(2) Provide a sample (screen shot is OK) of previous data mapping applications.
(3) Reiterate the project requirements in your own words here and include any questions that you have for me.
(4) Please explain what other features & functionality you would include (documentation, data integrity checks, data quality checks, error reporting...) |
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Operating System Microsoft Windows 2000 or 2003 Server
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2003 w/DTS tool
Interface: Microsoft IIS (import/export) web page
Programming Language for DTS: ActiveX Script preferred, Visual Basic .NET is an acceptable alternative