Needed: DATABASE PROGRAM
1. This program's purpose is to fulfill U.S. federal laws requiring adult-entertainment companies to maintain a database listing performers' names, aliases, videos titles, website URLs, etc. For the moment we are referring to this program as an "Adult Performer Records Index" (APRI).
2. Any source db program utilized should be opensource. We would prefer that for both versions, the user will use any Browser to access and use the program (even though the Personal APRI will not be used online). Use of java etc for the user's interface is not desired. Please state in your bid what source programs etc you plan to use.
3. We need two versions of the same program. a) Personal APRI will be for an individual user to place on their personal computer. Personal APRI must be presented in a single file which self-installs. This version of the program will be provided to our independent affiliates. b) Power APRI will be installed on a server so that staffers can log into the same database to add and update Records. Typical use will have 50-2000 Records and 20-50 Fields per Record.
4. This is an example of the page/Fields for Adding or Updating a Record:
<[url removed, login to view]> . This is an example of the page/Options that would be used to view reports from the database or generate lists of Fields or Records from the database: <[url removed, login to view]> . This is an example of the page/Options for the main Admin menu: <[url removed, login to view]> . These pages are examples for your reference; we would need a more professional appearance for the pages. White space is not desired because we want to avoid a lot of scrolling when inputting/updating/viewing a record.
5. Detailed statements, explanations or descriptions in your bid are encouraged. This is our first time using RentACoder. We have adjusted this post several times to clarify our needs. Thank you all for your help and guidance so far. --Open Mind Media Inc, openmindmedia.com.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment. THERE WILL BE ONE INSTALLATION OF THIS NATURE, FOR POWER APRI.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. WE WILL NEED PERSONAL APRI IN THIS FORM.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Personal APRI should be able to install itself and run on Windows 95 to current Win's, or Windows 98 to current Win's. For the installation of the Power APRI, we have a windows server and a Unix server, so it could be designed either way, although it would be nice if we had a choice which server it will be able to run on.