a very specific and as far as i know original auction script is required. will use many standard auction features, however, so would not require too much work for those who have experiences creating such scripts.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
- Member System. Once logged in, members should be able to edit personal information.
- E-Mail other members option. A simple e-mail form should do this.
- Show number of bids (but obviously not highest bid).
- The bid box, instead of being a price like on most auction sites, should be a text/description box where people can enter a description of the item they want to trade.
- When submitting a listing, people need to be charged a fee. I do not know how would be best to do this? Maybe it will be easier for people to credit their account and use the credits to list an item?
- Timer to show how long is left in the auction.
- I would like variables for as much as possible, such as item title, item descrption, username, number of bids etc. (all the things an auction site would need) so I can customise the page to look how i choose.
- At the close of the auction, the person who made the listing needs to have the option to choose who to trade with. when this selection is made, the lister should be presented with a page detailing the address, telephone number and username of the trader. Also at this point I think the e-mail function would be useful to confirm the trade with each other (members will be responsible for the posting and such).
- Once the trade is made, i think a feedback rating system would be nice, but not essential if it would require too much work and a lot more cost.
**- Other SMALL additions may be needed to the above list.
i am no expert with these things to be honest, but I know what I should be expecting to roughly pay for this. that said, I want a thorough job doing and it needs to be complete to a professional standard.
Internet Explorer 5+ and preferabley also netscape