My husband is starting a pet grooming/massage business (FuzzyButtz pet grooming & massage) in a few months and I thought it would be neat if customers could reserve spots online. We are using a multi-site Drupal install.
I've tried using Drupal's Booking Timeslots + Calendar modules, but have had problems getting it to function the way I need it to. I think that all or most of the features I need are included in Booking Timeslots -- I just haven't had luck figuring it out -- so this should an easy job for experienced Drupal users. Also, the BookingsAPI and/or other Bookings modules might work.
Ideally, the module would be configured (or perhaps customized as needed) to do the following:
1) The calendar, according to a weekly availability schedule set by admins, is automatically populated with available dates and times (for example, starting out, we'll only be doing Tuesdays from 10am-4pm). I will need the ability to change the available dates/times.
2) The user selects a date and time for booking.
3) To secure the booking, the user enters name, email, phone, pet name, pet breed, pet weight and pet age.
4) The booked timeslot automatically changes to "unavailable".
5) A notification of the booking date and time, preferably with the customer's info, is sent to users with the admin role (or simply to a predetermined email address). The user also receives a confirmation of the booking.
I would call myself a Drupal power user, so once somebody helps me get this rolling, I should be able to handle it from there.