This project will be a part of an application, requiring global Windows messages hooks. The application needs to monitor events on other applications (file open, file drop) and modify them. The application that uses these hooks is a graphics application that needs to know when certain file types are opened from within a browser or email program. For some files, it needs to modify the source files without any need for human operation. The technique to do this should be to place global Windows message hooks and check for relevant messages. When a relevant message is encountered, the program should create alternative files, and replace the original message with a Windows message that includes the modified contents. The project only includes: * Identifying the correct Windows messages required to attach files to emails (Outlook, Outlook express, Thunderbird), and to open files from within a web browser (IE6 and Mozilla). * Add global message hooks to catch the relevant messages. * Decode and understand the messages. Especially, decode the file names, source and target application (not just window ID number). * Send calls to the 'host' program, which replaces the actual files. * Construct replacement messages with the modified contents. * Send the replacement messages to the correct recipients.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows: VC6 project that demonstrates the functionality of the package. The project demo project can just do simple message replacements, to demonstrate functionality of the mechanism. 3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Mar 6, 2006 12:33:56 PM:
Thank you very much for your bid to this project.
Just to verify that the project requirements are fully understood before I accept a bid, can you please write a very short reply as to how you plan to implement the following:
1) Identify the relevant Windows messages for:
* Opening a file from within an email program (Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird)
* Dropping a file to the compose window of an email program
* Opening a file from within a web browser (Windows Explorer, Mozilla based)
2) Place a hook for these messages
3) Decode the messages
4) Construct a replacement message
5) Send the replacement message instead of the original message
Also, between step 3 and 4, your code will have to call the main program, which will be allowed to open dialogs and require some time to operate. The entire Windows messaging system cannot be blocked during this ti me.
I havn't yet chosen your bid, so please just write a short comment, so that I can verify that the requirements are fully understood, and that you are able to implement this from start to finish.
Windows 98/Me/2000/XP VC6, including source files and project file Preferably, the work should be made under wxWidgets platform. This is an optional request.