This project is more fully described in the attached word document, please fully review the attachment before you bid.
The basics of the project are:
1) Downloading a list of IPs in text format (windows cr/lf, not linux)
2) Resolve names to IPs
3) Do some basic processing on the list of IPs, including duplicate checks
4) Ping servers to ensure they exist
5) Ensure the web version of the file hasn't changed
6) Upload the new information into the same place via ftp protocols.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows XP, 2000 server, 2003 server
connecting to a linux server via FTP protocols