Looking for someone to build a 16-bit DLL which can be called by Visual Basic 3 / 4 16-bit.
I have some C written sample code that enumerates:
1) All workstations within a local domain / workgroup
2) All shared resources on a given workstation.
As my knowledge of C is at best pathetic, I need the aforementioned functionality to be placed in a newly created DLL and be callable by my customers VB app.
The aim of this is firstly, enumerate all workstations. After selecting a workstation, the available workstations shares be enumerated.
Ideally, population of List Boxes is what I am seeking, but returning an array of workstations / shares will suffice
(I am aware this may prove difficult, but not impossible - something to do with memory allocation, memory being reserved by the calling app (??)) As mentioned I have working source code examples of workstation / share enumeration both of which are currently standalone QuickWin apps and have been compiled using VC++ 1.52 and are up for grabs should the need arise by any takers.
As a footnote, the Windows 3.11 for Workgroups SDK was also used to provide several .LIB files which seemed needed for compilation, again these libraries are up for grabs by any takers (I can't find the original SDK I only have the installed copy! but will endevour to locate if needs be))
I realise testing the DLL within a 16-bit VB IDE can be a problem, I only expect a documented calling convention / declaration & use of the DLL. I will perform testing.
Thats all folks!! Many thanks for taking the time reading this
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 3.x & Windows 3.x Workgroups