I've made an ActiveX image (JPG/Tiff) upload control in Vc++. This upload control uploads files to an FTP or HTTP server. (it checks if FTP is available or not, otherwise it chooses HTTP)
The control posts some HTTP data to a php application after each file transfer.
The application is running fine, but now I want to improve the usage.
I've been analysing the errors I received from the upload control.
Here are is the list :
- The connection with the server was reset
- The operation timed out
- closed control connection
- The handle is in the wrong state for the requested operation
- '200 Type set to I200 Type set to I' (clearly FTP error)
- could not create thumbnail for ...
- local file not accessible
Almost all errors are coming from this method : *[url removed, login to view]
**The basic idea is this :**
To let the uploader continue it's work when certain errors occur. Now it just stops.
You can test the upload control here :
<[url removed, login to view]>
Fill in 'gebruikersnaam' : demo
'paswoord' : demo123
click on 'ok'
click on 'foto's doorsturen'
click on 'ga verder' (bottom'
click on 'standaard methode'
upload control shows.
- All sourcecodes, libraries, projectfiles are available and will be provided. (if needed, I can provide some files to make efforts on this bid)
- When this project is finished, we will immediately launch a 2nd one (very similar) : if you do good on this one, we can keep working together.
- you must be able to create an **invoice/cost statement** for this project
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
*Better error handling :
- if FTP upload fails (timeouts, ...), switch to HTTP uploading (for the whole upload session)
- if HTTP upload fails : pause and retry ? switch to next file ? (ideas welcome) : I will analyse HTTP logs and let you know my findings.
- if JPG preview fails, do not generate thumbnail but just upload and continue to next file
- If file acces fails, switch to next file and continue
After uploading, it must post the error message with the list of failed files + errormessages to a PHP script. (details will follow)
- the files must be compiled into a .cab file (as it is now) + you provide the right html parameters (versioning etc)
We'll do the code signing
Internet explorer : ActiveX control