What I need is an API, along with an example project, to MERGE an MSM file (a Windows Installer Merge Module) into an MSI file (a Windows Installer installation). In particular, the specifics are:
1) Use the WINAPI calling conventions for all API functions
2) Allow specifying the target folder for the files contained inside the MSM (if they are not installed into a pre-defined folder)
3) Allow specifying the feature the MSM belongs in the new, merged-into MSI
4) If any files are contained inside the MSM, extract them all to a specified folder, AND
5) Fix up the merged MSI to read the files from a specified source path (relative to the MSI), instead of looking inside the MSI for them
If for step 5 you need code to extract a CAB file, I will provide that code.
To do this project, you need to have knowledge and experience with Windows Installer. It is a very simple project if you do have that knowledge.
Delphi and Visual C++ solutions are accepted.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
All Win32 Platforms - 95 Gold to Server 2003.