I require an application that can transfer data from one office server to another office server accross the network. This data could be either a entire directory and sub-directories or individual files. The application must also have the ability to transfer and receive data from an ftp site.
The application needs to only transfer data that has changed and also be able to transfer on scheduled events.
The application needs to be able to track and report the exact status of the file transfer data, and also most importantly be able to easily report if unable to copy certain data and give a detailed description of errors etc.
The application needs to be able to:
1) Allow the user to specify directories or ftp sites of data to be copied.
2) The user needs to be able to set scheduled tasks for these data transfer processes to run.
3) The application needs to be able to transfer only data that has changed e.g. check datestamp of file, file size etc. (developer to suggest) Please note transfer between offices could be in different time zones.
4) User needs to be able to specify source directory / ftp location and also destination directory / ftp location
5) User needs to be able to easily manager scheduled data transfer tasks, interface need to be simple and easy to set-up / manage.
6) Advanced error handling needs to be put in place to handle any problems with data transfer e.g. file in use by another user, network down etc. and also needs to be able to resume transfer if network in interupted.
7) Needs to be able to encrypt data while transferring
8) Compress data on transfer.
9) Needs to transfer file and folder permissions
10) All transactions, logs etc. need to be saved to SQL database for audit purposes.
Most importantly I need a developer who is very tallented in network / data transfer as I am looking idea's from the developer on how to implement such a application. e.g. If we are transfer data from a server in London to an office in New York and also data from New York to London and they both have SQL server and the application running on each machine, do we have the application manage both sites remotely, should we be able to query the transaction logs in the remote machine?
This is to be an application needs to be able to run on both a server and also a desktop machine on a network.
I look forward to hearing some ideas and also bids. Please note that I would like to see examples of past work in this field if possible.
More Details -