First of all, thank you for reading my project.
A few of my friends and I have been planning to make an online drag-racing game, where users can register for free and race each other, chat, bet virtual money (no real money involved), bet virtual cars, buy parts for their cars, etc...
The game that is exactly like what I need is found at http://www.nitto1320.com. Please go to that website and download their game; You can create a free account for yourself and see how the game works and all the features, etc... Also, on the website ([url removed, login to view]), if you click FAQ, you can see how the game engine works as far as racing goes.
My budget is limited. I know this is quite a large project so I want to take it by steps. I have a 50gb server (no shell) with a lot of bandwidth in which to store files, accounts, etc...
I'm planning on having the game either built in Flash or another language (maybe C++). A clone of Nitto1320 is not necessary as long as the game is about the same.
I'm hoping to have the accounts and user info stored in MySQL databases (I have MySQL installed in my Apache server), the scripting language is probably PHP (4.3).
So basically, I'd like the Flash game downloaded into the user's PC. The game communicated to the PHP script in the server, which interacts with the MySQL database.
This is not necessary but I think it's a good way to go. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Note: My server is not Windows, I do not have ASP or ColdFusion installed nor do I have MsSQL, so please keep that in mind.
As the game becomes popular I'll charge for special cars, online money, and colored text in chatrooms. If you don't know what I'm talking about please see [url removed, login to view], it'll give you a better idea.
++++++Here is a list of features the game should have
- Users can register for a free account (email confirmation)
- Users can login (or register) from their own PC's
- Users are not able to extract the SWF from the .exe and decompile the game to modify it and cheat (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!)
- Users can race a simulated computer championship (see [url removed, login to view]) and earn virtual money
- Users can buy virtual cars with that money
- Users can buy parts for their cars with that money
- Users can come together in an onlne chatroom and chat, but they can only write in white text, and can't change their font
- I want to be able to have admin accounts that write in any color and can ban users or IPs from accessing the game
- I also want to be able to promote other users to admins, and make some users into moderators, who write in light blue text and keep an eye in the chatrooms. They can ban individual users.
- I'd like to be able to make users into members, who write in light-green text
- Users can buy a membership online from my website
- Users can send races to each other betting virtual money, virtual cars, or just for fun
- The othe user receives this challenge and either accepts it or declines it
- A top racer list/fastest cars list would be nice
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: My budget is limited. I know this is a large project, so when you bid, TELL ME WHAT YOU CAN DO WITHIN THE BUDGET RANGE. Please be specific of which features you would leave out in order to fit my budget. If you can do everything, that is definetly a plus.
If you're successful in completing the project, I plan on hiring you again to upgrade the game.
Note that the design of the game isn't that important right now. I have a few friends in a design team, and as long as you make the game so that we can easily change its design, that's good enough. I want the game engine for now.
Also note that you don't have to make a lot of cars for now. Maybe make a red box with a few parameters, for example: Top Speed, acceleration, etc... and from the admin Panel I can add more cars, I just upload the picture of the car or something, not really sure how we'd do it.'
As for parts, for now maybe 1-5 parts is good. Having NOS would be great (see how Nitto1320 has it for ideas).
Thank you for bidding, and sorry for my low budget. This is intended to be a BETA Version of the game, so please keep that in mind. Once we become popular, we can hire you again to add more features.
Payment can be through elance.com or PayPal.
I will ESCROW money to you and release it once the project is done. Thank you!
I don't think I made it clear enough and sorry for that, so here it goes:
MY BUDGET IS LOW! I DO NOT EXPECT A GAME OF THE SAME QUALITY AS NITTO1320!!! Please bid for WHAT FEATURES you could get done in the budget range. If you bid $250 and all you're willing to do is the basic game interface without admin panel and a basic chat, then please bid so.
I will pick the winner based on what features you'll do, price you'll charge, and good reviews/gold membership won't hurt either.