My company sells garden sheds and I now need someone to design some web pages for me to sell sheds online. This is currently being done on a number of sites but I want to add one new process in buying a shed.
Currently the process is :
1. Select the shed you require
2. Make payment.
- easy to select the shed and make payment.
- everything is 'off the shelf'
- all the sheds are pre made and you cannot decide where you want doors and options.
I want to add a new step where the customer will choose the size and then choose the options they require (currently only doors, windows and skylights) and most IMPORTANTLY
*** be able to place the selected option to any panel on the shed *** (with a couple of restrictions)
Please read the attached text file for more details.
In short they can design the shed they require and not have to buy one 'off the shelf'
1. Once the customer decides to proceed with the payment all the information about the sheds and details will be stored on a database that I can review and update. I will need to be able to recreate the exact shed & drawing from these stored details.
2. During the process the customer must be able remove options (doors etc)
3. A print option that will allow the customer to not only print the details but include a drawing of the shed and options.
4. be able to email all the details and drawing as and when required.
5. the design webpages will be up to and include handing over to PayPal to process the payment. This may change in the future so I will need to be able to change the payment processing provider.
6. I currently have a 'look and feel' for the website which will need to be included.
7. During the whole process I will require you to output (behind the scenes) a couple html files with the current data. I will explain the reason when you get the project.
Please be informed that anyone who accepts any of my projects have all had major issues in their lives including family tradgies, going hospital, major storms and losing hard disk drives, losing Internet connections, had to visit sick relatives interstate, being unable to attach files to an email and the list goes on. I think you get the picture.
Because of my lack of success from providers in the past I will require
a. you to provide a prototype within 2 weeks of accepting the project.
b. communicate every 2 days after delivering the prototype.
If either of these are not met I will cancel the project.
I am sorry to be so strict but I started these projects nearly a year ago and have had 5 providers and I have received nothing and I mean nothing!!!
I am not bitter, I just need to get this done and have learnt that I have to set some guide lines.
Lastly please when replying to this project give a short (couple of paragraphs) of how you plan to achieve this process. I have considerable internet & webpage background so I should be able to understand. My host has mySql and PHP. Once again if you do not include this information I will not even look at your offer.