I require an online catalogue solution for video clips and photos that can be previewed and bought by my clients.
Please note these specific needs:
1) Clients must first register and have their contact details verified before they receive the download links they pay for.
2) The system would use credit card payment, not Paypal, whereby cards can be checked and verified instantly. Clients can also have an option to pay via bank transfer - in such cases we would require a robust checking system to ensure that we have tracking records for the client if they do not follow through with transfer of payment.
3) An automated reporting system should be in place whereby I am immediately informed, via email, of the details of all purchases. This information should also be stored within the website's administration pages.
4) The original (not preview) video files available for download after payment would be in PAL AVI, MPEG2 or MP4 formats. Photos would be available as high resolution JPEGs.
5) Clients should have one of two available options for downloading of purchased material: a) a direct link to download to their computer, or b) an ability to transfer the file directly to their own FTP site.
6) The contact details - email and mobile phones - of the clients should be pooled automatically in such a way that I can instantly send them updates of our latest video and photo material via email and/or sms. They can of course have the option not to receive such updates.
7) The website design and construction is your task. You would also provide a concise manual for me to follow to maintain and update the site with new material.
8) The system should be designed in such a way that the cataloguing of the original high resolution files and the publishing of preview files would be done using CatDV software - for which I already own licenses. For an example of this see [url removed, login to view]
9) This website would be hosted on my public facing FTP server where clients can search and preview low resolution (and/or digitally marked) versions before paying to download high resolution versions, which are stored on an internally networked storage server/library. Your recommendations for a more secure and user-friendly system are taken into consideration.
Again, please familiarise yourself with CatDV as this is the software we will be using to catalogue and publish preview video files. A separate but compatible system for photos can be proposed.
Servers run with Windows and MYSQL.
Please propose solutions that are friendly to almost all modern web browsers and user operating systems.
YOU CAN SUBMIT BIDS OUTSIDE OF THE GUIDELINE BUDGET.
PLEASE INCLUDE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE TO ONLINE VIDEO AND PHOTO SALES.
Please have a look at www.pond5.com for an idea of what we are looking for. We don't want a clone of it! We would like a dedicated tastefully designed site that operates similarly to how Pond5.com functions.
The public facing site and files linked for download would be hosted on our existing servers.