I have an application planned whereby users will upload images (initially .jpg and .gif format, but may be more formats in the future so the design must be flexible) that may contain text that must be redacted before the image can be published. For example, the user may upload a .jpg that is a headshot that also has a name and address at the bottom, and I need to give the user some online tool that allows them to view the image and at that time black out or otherwise obscure/remove the sensitive text information from the jpeg before that jpeg can be released for online publication.
Since these users may not have any Adobe-like image editing tools that would allow them to block out this sensitive information before they upload the image, I was looking for a control or routine that I can call/invoke/etc from my mainline logic (all code in this web site is written in ASP.NET, VB.NET 1.1) and pass along the uploaded image - the control/routine/whatever would perform the following:
1. determine whether image is .jpg or .gif or some other format and adapt accordingly
2. present the image to the user along with some primitive paintbrush? ability whereby the user could - via mouse or drag-and-drop of black rectangles - "black out" any sensitive information contained within the image.
3. return control back to the mainline logic along with some type of return code
4. IMPORTANT: except for the area of the image that is blackened out explicitly by the user, no other part of the image can have any degradation whatsoever (i.e., loss = 0%)
The UI must be very intuitive (i.e., simple and foolproof) because non-technical users will be performing this process.
All source code must be ASP.NET 1.1 compatible. VB.NET preferred but C# may be an option. Any alternative suggestions to perform this edit process (but staying within the ASP.NET 1.1 framework) are welcome.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
ASP.NET 1.1, VB.NET preferred but C#.NET may be considered. Must be compatible with Win XP Pro and Windows Server 2003.