i have a psd file that i need to have transferred into a flash file to show a newsticker - please see attached preview JPG.
the flash file needs to get the latest four news items from an sql server 2005 database - the site is asp.net 2.0, and i will deliver all data from the database according to your requirements - so no database programming is needed on your side, but the flash has to get the data that i provide and display as shown in the layout.
* on load there should be some placeholder for a preload logo that i later insert on my own
* the four latest news items should be read from the database (i'll deliver all database functionality)
* each of the four news items should be shown in the flash file as you can see in the layout
* additionally the latest news item should be shown with a large image on top of the flash as you can see in the layout
* the ticker should then show each of the four news items in the top position for about five seconds and then go to the next news item with some nice transition effect - doesn't necessarily have to be the same effect as shown in the demo link
* if the user moves the mouse over any of the four small items, that item should be shown in the top position for as long as the mouse is over that item
* when the mouse exits that item the large image should continue looping through the four items as described above
* there needs to be some highlight for the active small item - maybe a red vertical bar at the left of the according grey area?
you can find a similar ticker here - please look at this example to see and try the preload message and functionality i need:
<[url removed, login to view]>
data fields for news items:
* date/sort order
* large image filename (file in file system)
* small image filename (file in file system)
* title text
* url for details page
flash file: 480 x 374 px
large image: 480 x 270 px
text for large image: 480 x 33 px, partially transparent background, special font that i'll deliver together with the psd file and that needs to be embedded, only one line needed
small images: 80 x 45 px
text for small images: arial
AGAIN: YOU DO NOT NEED TO WRITE CODE TO ACCESS THE DATABASE - i will deliver the data for the latest four news items in the format you require - the data is stored in sql server 2005, and i use asp.net 2.0 to read from the database and deliver the data to your flash file.