This is the restaurant booking system let me know if there is anything else you require.
1. The system will be running from a PC so no server will be involved here if possible!
2. The system should allow users to input information for up to 12 months ahead at any time and store information for the 24 months max possibly dumping the info from the system into an backup logs files.
3. Show each night on the left hand side of screen in 15 minute time slots with a maximum of 25 people being booked in at any time slot If someone tries to book in more people they will required a password.
4. Each user should have a password. This allows the main user to look at who took the booking.
5. I am thinking of a layout the same as MS Outlook Calendar Section. It has the next 2 months down the left hand side and then today on the right hand side in lines separated by 15 minute time sections this will start from 10am and go onto 11pm at night 7 days a week.
6. The system is designed for user to take bookings over the phone or as someone walks in. The screen will then show the 2 floor of the restaurant how many each floor has booked in. This will mean that the kitchen does not get hit with 40 orders all at the same time.
7. The main user should be able to see how many people have booked in on previous days for example last Easter or bank holiday to plan for staff and food orders.
8. The system will need to have all fields mandatory before the system will accept the booking.
Entry Time / Automatic Leaving Time
Number of People in Party
Top / Bottom Floor of Restaurant
Notes Field (this should not be mandatory but used for special instructions]
9. The user will select a day from the calendar and then select “add booking”, this will then popup a small form asking the questions above which once filled in will complete the booking. The system will allow users to adding bookings up to a maximum of 20 people per 15 minute time slot. The system should not take more than a total of 100 people downstairs and 28 people upstairs at one time.
10. The system should automatically update the screen when a customer is booked in as the system will have 2 screens 1 on each floor which can each add information into the system.