I need an ASP.NET coder (or PHP if appropriate etc.) with SQL skills to develop a holiday apartment rental/sales website. NB MySQL developers will also be considered.
The website will be a mechanism for overseas property owners to advertise their property on the site. There will be no need for a secure transaction system, but a link will need to be set up to a secure payment mechanism such as Paypal or the equivalent.
The general public will use this site to search for available properties (both for sale or for rent or both) and submit an email to the owner (via the website) to arrange a reservation or sales lead for the accommodation.
There is no secure transaction system required – the purpose of the website is putting the would-be holiday or investor in touch with the apartment owner wishing to sell/rent! Any payment or deals will be organised directly between client and customer outside of the website.
An example of an established site running a similar business concept is http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk.
____SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS:_____
A standard layout type – banner across top, links down Left Side, Search engine on home page….. multiple adverts , link to [url removed, login to view] to show weather in a particular region. Use of CSS style sheets and a sitemap required.
Checks for minimum characters / duplicate entries when obtaining customer info. name… min digits in tel…. check e-mail address format etc.
General features of website…….
Limit photo file size/type (.jpg)
Limit no. characters for certain form fields (with character counter)
Max no. of photos per property = 6
Max properties per page in search results (previous/next buttons)
Editable text graphics (eg home page, T&C’s, company info etc.)
Comprehensive security & intrusion protection. - (login check, cookie (if needed) expiry, SQL injection protection etc)
**Important – Website/DB must support multiple properties per owner**
Web Pages required including:
1. Home page - property search engine. Links to: register, info about the company, services offered, contact details, terms & conditions, secure login, display featured rental (one or more property IDs set by administrator). Customer registration page
2. Secure login (customer & administrator)
3. Info re the services offered (i.e. About Us)
4. Info re the region that the website is targeting
5. Investor guide
6. Property Sales result page
7. Property rentals result page
8. Links to associated companies
9. Gallery of photos
10. Feedback from happy customers
1. FOR THE CUSTOMER WANTING TO ADVERTISE A PROPERTY
-Customer registration page (personal/property/local area/rental/sales costs etc…. and update into a back-end SQL database (full details of information required for SQL DB can be provided). HTML pages have already been produced containing all information to be collected during registration (check-box style selections…. The details can be provided). Briefly compromising of:
Type list (eg villa, apartment)
No of people list
No of bedrooms list
Key words summary (character counter to restrict data information to input form)
Detailed Summary (character counter to restrict data information to input form)
Facilities (eg gym, parking, pool, spa, bar, restaurant)
Distance to nearest Airport(s), transport links
Activities (ski, golf, tennis etc.)
-Secure login (to upload/review/modify a property advert (text and .JPG pics. Image resizing (restrict to 50KB per pic for example), personal details including password change).
-Link to a secure payment mechanism (eg paypal etc)
(collect payment before granting the customer access to place their advert)
- An availability calendar (customers login and update as they obtain bookings so availability of property is shown to the visitor to the website). Covers current year and future years – accessible via a dropdown
2. FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC USING THE WEBSITE
- a search engine on the home page (sale, rent or both?/region/town/sleeps/property type (eg apartment, villa etc.)./under or over a certain cost (eg £300 per week)/available apartments only) / property ID/availability. Area search selected via a map of the region. Separate the above into a simple and advanced search to simplify the home page
Availability calendar to cover current year and following year (accessible via dropdown menu)
- list of search results (a tiled set of results with one picture and brief details of the apartment / email to friend / make a booking or purchase enquiry (inc from/to dates).
- expanded search results - a full page per property with multiple photos of property and a detailed description of property/[url removed, login to view] calendar/pricing tables/t&c’s/changeover dates for rentals. NB town and region info would be standard info that would be tagged to any property from that region – website admin writes the info and references town. Any properties from that town automatically append the info).
- a ‘watch list’ where favourite apartments can be added whilst using the search engine
- ability to submit a booking request via a form on the website (with a confirmation mail to be sent back to the person making the booking request)
3. FOR THE ADMINISTRATORS OF THE WEBSITE
- a report that can be run to determine when annual fee for advert is due for renewal
- automatic email reminders 1month / 1 week before subscription ends (with link to secure payment site)
- automatic removal of property from website unless subscription is renewed
- facility to re-publish property once subscription renewed
- Admin (super user) control panel/pages
- edit/delete customer info (personal/property).
Ownership of all source code is to be exclusively mine and must be entirely passed over before full, payment made.
If the successful candidate does an excellent job of this website, work to produce to further websites (with exactly the same criteria to that detailed in this requirements overview) will also be available.
Timing is crucial – the website must be completed ASAP – please advise on approximate timescales for completion when bidding.
Thanks for looking – Jez.