For any website that is listed in phpld directory ([url removed, login to view]), show the average website's uptime along with statistics with it.
* Overall Uptime: [show average uptime: Ex: 99.97%]
* Graph showing uptime.
* Average monthly uptime. This will show a graph of each month and the average uptime for that month.
* Monitored since: [show starting date. ex: December 22, 2007
* Total days of monitoring: [show total days of monitoring. Ex: 1027 days]
How uptime should be checked:
* Verify uptime every 2-4 hours.
* Use HEAD HTTP requests to monitor site's uptime.
* The HEAD requests should request only the response headers of a web server, and just read the first line of the response so there should not be any bandwidth or server resources overhead for websites being monitored.
* Another possibility for checking uptime is it checks the site's server response code and if it is "200", "302", "301", "403" or "401", the site is considered "up".
* These are just suggestions of how to monitor uptime and are open to other suggestions if you can think of a better method.
For every site that registers they will also be able to add a banner on their site that shows their sites average uptime. Banner graphic will show:
* Company Name
* Uptime: 99.9% [percentage based on uptime average]
* Other parts of banner that is static in nature. The banner will show stuff in jpeg/gif format such as "Click Here to Verify Uptime". This will take you to their uptime detail page.
OPTION: If you can code this to work on something else other than phpld then we are open to suggestions. For example:
* Wordpress plugin
* Joomla mod
* Straight php
Let me know any questions you might have.