Ok, I am the owner of a business and I need to learn one type of code:
and one type of programming:
C/C++ MFC Now my priority dictates that I learn C/C++ MFC. The reason is we need to create a program that users can download to perform several functions. Now I have priced this out and it seems pretty expensive to do, so I figured I would learn it myself, am I crazy? I would really like an answer to that. I have bought books like C++ For Dummies, and Mastering Visual Studio .net (author is O'reilly). I also bought Visual Studio .Net the program itself.
I have looked into the following school:
<[url removed, login to view]> Am I way off base here? My experience is limited to HTML, DHTML, Simple Perl, Basics on What and how SQL works, graphic Design with Photoshop. and that's about it.
So this is what I would like advice on...
1. am I in over myhead how long will it taker to learn c/c++ and MFC?
2. would it be better for me just to pay to have this program made?
3. If the answer to #2 is yes then see below for project details, (what would a ball park program cost?)
4. Anyone know of any c/c++ programmers in Southern California that would be willing to become part of our team.
This would mean little or no money up front, but would mean a profit share of the company and future position as manager or executive position in our tech and engineer department. The profit share would be built on longevity and when the company is making money a salary would be initiated based on earnings of the company to the executive/manager.
Part One Auction Bulk Lister / Uploader
-The user instead of using our online listing system where they can only list items one at a time, will use this program to list multiple items at once. It will be a downloaded windows application program stored on their computer.
-They will agree to our terms of service before the program will allow them to use it.
- The user will go to our site via their browser, they will log in and check the "keep me signed in" tab so they stay logged in.
- The user will then open the auction bulk list program, which will automatically verify they are logged in, or connected to our site.
- The user will create / edit their auction templates and have the ability to save / open and close them.
- the user will also have a default settings menu where they can pre-set most settings that match our site features. Like a global settings so once set they can leave it and each uploaded item will have the same features, or they can change them for each one.
- The user will after they have created / saved templates and are ready to upload they can make a list of items to upload by one of each template they made or by picking one template and duplicating it as many times as they wish. For example I make an auction template for a blue bird house I add it to the upload screen, I could either upload just that one, or duplicate it by clicking the duplicate button entering the number of items I want and click ok. So say I picked to duplicate it 100 times, then in my upload window there ready to upload would be 100 blue birdhouse listings. I could now hit upload and they would get sent to our site and our database would add them to the site as fast as our database would take them. I could also go in and edit one or all of the ones in the list and then upload them. After trying the program you will see what I mean.
-Two modes for upload semi automatic and automatic. Semi is one by one confirmation, auto just lets the program go it shows a status of each one that gets uploaded but does not stop till all are done.
See attached screen shots, and the example program.
Remember it is important for you to try this example, we want ours to be better of course but we want it to do all of these functions as bug free as possible.
Part Two Auction Exporter / Uploader
. We want this to be a hidden function so they do not know that the system emailed us the confirmation but once they agree the program will work for them. The reason for this is so they can not hold us responsible for any misuse of the product.
Basically the same program except this one will allow you to export your listings on eBay and other sites. Example if you had 100 items for sale on eBay and you wanted to have them listed at our site you would open your browser log into your eBay account "my EBay Page" and click the keep me signed in box when logging in to ensure you stay logged in. Then you would open our site and do the same open a browser log into our site and click the keep me signed in button.
You then would tell the program to export your eBay items closed ones or open ones, it would then export only the sellers data that they inputted, parse the information to our site format and create new listings in the programs window. Then the user could edit them or upload them to our site.
This is where the category mapping comes in, eBay cats have different cat numbers than our site so you will have to tell the program how to parse the item from one site to another.
you have a pen listed on eBay in their category #112 and that items data will get downloaded and formatted for our site and uploaded to where? To our category for pens which would be cat #445.
So for each site that we want users to be able to export from this will have to be done. To really understand you need to try out the program....
We want the following sites to be able to export listings from;
We will obviously need to discuss this more in detail but this is enough to get the idea of what we want. We are opened minded to get this going and we would like to have support for this until it is working with no errors. We strongly urge you to get very familiar with our system, the example program, and they way it all works. You really will need a user with an eBay account with items for sale to test the exporter option as well.
Please see attached files which include screen shots of the example program, and it also has the actual example program too.
we want to insure confidentiality about this product and we want to pay you to be avaliable to for support, and bugs regarding this product. W will not only pay the Bid but also a monthly fee untill we feel we have a handle on this product.
We really would like someone to join our team and have possiby a future postition at our company to help develope our sites programs and features. We do not mind this type of telecommute relationship at least until we are very big and we will need someone on site. Would you be willing to do this for a fee of $20.00 per month as well as the price of each project that we give to you.
We are agreeable on $400 for this project and a monthly fee paid to you for support, advice etc. We can keep our relatioship confidential if you like or not it is up to you.