FUN PROJECT! But I will only work with programmer who has English as Mother-Tongue. Do not want communication nightmare like last time! Anyone who claims fluency but is not will be taken to arbitration!
Please read everything. All very simple stuff, want to make sure you understand exactly what I want!
Ok, I am going to list everything I need doing for the moment. Please calculate how many hours you will need for each section, and bid with a total amount. This is a simple site which requires very simple programming, but there are a couple of complex ideas which need to be thought about carefully.....
I want to develop a simple blog style mysql database driven commerce website. Imagine [url removed, login to view] mixed together with a blog forum and a touch of [url removed, login to view]
1. FRONT PAGE/SEARCH PAGE: The top [cheapest] listing in a certain number of random categories will be displayed in the top half of the page, displaying price and category with a link to click through to the full listing.
Bottom half. Users will be able to choose from 4 lists of specified variables on the front page [prob 4 drop down fields], these variables will be submitted as the query to the database. Variable 2 will be a subset of variable 1, variable 3 will be a subset of variable 2 etc.....standard categorisation system. So the variables in the 2nd field will be dependent on the variable selected in the 1st field and so on. Users will also be able to select a currency in which to display search results.
2. RESULTS PAGE: The results will be shown similarly to [url removed, login to view], cheapest at the top of the page, most expensive at the bottom.
There will be a 'FILTER' option, which will narrow the results further.
There will be a 'ADD LISTING' button for users to add a post to the particular category they have chosen in.
There will be an 'ADD COMMENT' button for each listing.
There will be a 'RATING' button for each listing.
3. ADD LISTING: To input data to the database, a surfer must be logged in. The login page will be standard name/email address etc form. Once logged in, by clicking on the 'Add Listing' button, a user can input some data as well as a compulsory price in a specific currency. Plus, the user can specify a FILTER keyword which can further categorise search results. When that person's listing is displayed on a search result, his name is also shown as a link. Clicking on this name will show a user all the listings left on the site by that user [ordered always by price].
4. ADD COMMENT: Any user who has logged in, can select a listing in the results page and add a user comment. These comments will be stored in a table of the database and associated to that specific listing. ie a BLOG.
5. RATING: Any user who has logged in, can rate the quality of the listing information. For each bad rating, the listing will appear one place further down the list in the results page of that category - irrespective of price. 10 bad ratings and the listing is deleted from the database permanently. Each user can rate an individual listing a maximum of ONE TIME ONLY. But they must be able to edit this rating from the USERS PAGE.
6. USERS PAGE: On this page the user can edit/delete any comments/ratings they may have left on the site.
7. ADD CATEGORY: Any user may add a category to the site. This new variable will then be added to one of the four variable lists in (1). This option will be part of the ADD LISTING page.
8. TELL YOUR FRIENDS: On the front page there will be a button which when selected, can access hotmail/yahoo/outlook express address books and allow the user to select their contacts they want to tell about the site.
(9). MENU: On each page you will include a [url removed, login to view] file with a [url removed, login to view] which will be the logo of the site and a simple horizontal menu bar with the obvious links: Search | Your Page | Add listing | Contact Us | About Us | Currency | etc
The design of the site is not important, i just need the infrastructure done. Hence 9 is not very important.
That's all I can think of for the moment. But there is a whole lot more - specifically the e-commerce side of the site, which if you do the above well, I will hire you for that and you stand to earn some very good money!
18 freelancers are bidding on average $1344 for this job
I AM NEW TO GET A FREELANCER AND NEED TO GET REVIEWS. I CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR SITE. IT SEEMS FUN. I ESTIMATE 100 HOURS MAX TO CREATE AND TEST THE SITE. GIVE ME A TRY. BID IS LOW TO ATTRACT POTENTIAL REVIEWS