I need to build a single ASPX page. This page will be hosted in SharePoint and will be the advanced search page. This page will simply consist of dropdowns and listboxes. These input fields will help the user to build a custom search. When the user clicks subit a get or post will form a search query based on what the user has entered in the form and submits it to the search results page ([url removed, login to view]).
- The page you will build will be [url removed, login to view]
- Using ASP.NET 2.0 need to check which input textboxes or listboxes or checkboxes have been filled out and build search string accordingly.
- one of the key tasks is populating the listboxes from their respective SharePoint lists. You will use the SharePoint API to get values of SharePoint lists and loop through their values to populate the listboxes.
- an excel spreadsheet has been attached which will indicate which input boxes are needed, and which ones should be a textbox, listbox or checkbox. There are 18 input fields and the first column shows the name of the input field, and the 2nd column shows the list values when the input is a listbox. The 4th column will show whether the column is a listbox or a textbox or a checkbox.
- on page load, the page should have the ability to take input and populate input controls with an initial value.
for example if the user requests <http://siteurl/[url removed, login to view]> then the produt dropdown should be set to "OS"
- Validation: there shouldn't have to be too much validation, just need to pass through to search results page text as it was typed by user.
-layout: a screenshot has been provided which shows the layout of the page and basically what the page will look like. You don't have to do the dropdowns or the graphics, a masterpage exists that you will use, you just have to do the input controls layouts.
Single ASPX page with code behind page to be hosted in SharePoint site.
note that I will give you access to my sharepoint environment via remote desktop so that you can copy the page to the right directory and verify that it works properly.
note that the screenshot shows the advanced search as it is today, but we will be creating a new advanced search page and we will create our own input controls to replace the ones you see in the screenshot.
If you do a good job on this project, then I have more projects.
ASP.NET 2.0, inside of SharePoint. Hopefully you know SharePoint and ASP.NET. But ASP.NET and C# are the main skills you need, but I would like you to be familiar with SharePoint as well.