I have to merge ACT! 6.0 contact files and Outlook 2003 contact files, then create a cron job that will do it on demand or daily. Both files need to have current contacts.
**ACT! 6.0 Outlook 2003 Contact Requirements**
1. Our Outlook 2003 and ACT 6.0 must have concurrent contact data.
2. This must be accomplished nightly as an automated job and on demand by means of a new standalone application.
3. This new application must be able to connect to a specified ACT! contact file on a server and a specified Outlook 2003 public contacts folder in an exchange server, all within an internal network
4. New contacts in both ACT! or Outlook must be inserted into the other.
5. Duplicate contacts must be updated with all information in both ACT! and Outlook.
6. Duplicate contacts will be based on full name, last name and first name.
7. Duplicate contacts with same full name, different company, will not update, rather become a new contact and be updated in both Outlook and ACT!. A log of all duplicates will be generated upon completion of applications run.
8. Duplicate contacts with same name, same company, and different email address and or different physical address and or different telephone numbers will update one contact with all information.
9. For each contact in ACT! data in the following will be merged into Outlook: Status, Share Class1, Share Class 2 and Share Class 3 will be placed in Outlook User Field 1, User Field2, User Field 3, User Field 4. Parts of the new application will then (or at end) move the data in Outlook User Field 1, etc… to a custom forms (in the same contact folder) fields: Investor Status, Share Class 1, Share Class 2, Share Class 3. And visa versa from Outlook to ACT!.
10. Note fields in Outlook and ACT! will be merged and concurrent.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done that will merge ACT! 6.0 contact files and Outlook 2003 contact files on demand or automatically daily while preserving data and updating each programs files with new information from the other.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Unfortunatly or fortunatly, however you look at it, we are an all microsoft shop. The programs this needs to work with are Outlook 2003 and ACT! 6.0