This project is to allow a Zencart store administrator to select a product listing display format when creating a category. Programmers with a good understanding of Zencart will have an obvious advantage. Please let me know your previous experience with ZC in the bid.
I have built a Zencart catalog store (product display only - no sales). The file "includes/modules/[url removed, login to view]" for this store was customized by a php programmer to display product sizes in a specialized column next to the product descriptions. We use the standard Catalog > Category/Products page in the Zencart Admin to add/remove/modify all products and product sizes in the store including those sub-categories.
Several other catagories and sub-categories in the store require a different type of product display layout without this specialized size column - just the product and description. However, the [url removed, login to view] file is the file called by ZC for product display and there appears to be no option to select a different product display type for other categories.
Here is the workflow that needs to be developed for this project:
1. The programmer chosen for the project may have a better way, but one option is to create a drop down menu to select a display type on the Categories/Products-Top page. This is where a new category is created. A good location for locating the new drop down is next to the Category Name text box.
2. The text "Choose a product display type" would be shown by default. A product type must be chosen before a new category can be created and text to that effect would be next to the drop-down.
3. Clicking the Save button adds the new category. If a display type is not chosen before the button is clicked, the cateogy is not created and an error message reminds the user to choose a type.
4. On an empty newly created category or sub-category page, clicking on the Add Product button opens the Zencart standard page to add a new product. No modifications are thought to be needed for this page.
5. The programmer will have to determine if a new [url removed, login to view] file is needed for the new "no size" display.