We are currently creating a free blogging service, powered by WordPress MU. We wish to provide a unique experience that is custom, easy, well integrated and organized.
Unfortunately, WPMU lacks the level of ease and organization we are looking for.
We require someone that is very familiar with WordPress code, specially Wordpress MU, to:
- fixing plugins that have problems in WPMU but work fine with the regular version of WordPress, or, selecting similar ones that do work.
The first priority is to fix plugins that currently don't work. For example:
- blogrush plugin does not show data from blogrush
- slimbox plugin has CSS/DHTML/AJAX problems under wpmu
- wpmu syntax highlighter does not work with WPMU 1.3
- some minor issues with the slickr plugin
- snap plugin should by default include our affiliate code
- eliminate bottom text from widgetbox plugin
- we need a gravatar plugin that does not require commenters to insert code, and no theme modification required
- customize look of WordPress admin bar
You will be provided with access to a test installation of WordPress MU to work on these issues.
We have many other projects related to WPMU modifications. If you do a good and quick job, you will get more projects from us.
Again, the person working on these projects must be a long time PHP programmer as security, and efficiency, are of the utmost importance. Bid only if you already have experience creating/modifying WordPress plugins and are very familiar with WordPress' plugin code.