ISD is software that allows manufacturers and brand owners to sell online directly to end users without circumventing valuable retail partners. Many retail partners do not appreciate direct-from-factory sales, since they will not profit.
Here is the basic process:
1) Customer goes to our website/shopping cart.
2) Customer browses products and selects item(s) for purchase.
3) Customer goes to checkout page
4) Customer enters ZIP/Postal Code
5) System queries database using AJAX to find stores local to him
6) System displays local stores with distances.
7) User selects a local store
8) User submits order
9) System receives order
10) System sends confirmation e-mails to our company, Customer and Retail Partner chosen in step 7.
Basically, we need a type of dealer locater to me implemented into the checkout stage of the shopping cart.
Here are details of what features are needed:
Ability to Add, Delete and Update entries in the database of retail locations via Control Panel.
Ability to change content of automatic e-mails sent after orders are submitted.
Ability to import a CSV database of retail partners.
Ability to display distance from customer and retail locations based on ZIP code.
We are currently using the shopping card SunShop and it is built in PHP. Our database is mySQL and is on a Linux based system.