The site is basically an aggregation over the gallery concept. Users upload images into their gallery, and create groups of images in a unique drag and drop grid. From this point, they may add their groups to a shopping cart, with a selection of available products to choose from. Products include group images printed on a 12x12 inch canvas grid, or on a card with a user defined text to be printed in the card.
In essence, the project is either an extension of existing Joomla components, or a new component.
1. The web site will use Joomla! (1.5 or greater).
2. A starting template has been created and will be made available when the project starts.
3. You are free to determine which ecommerce solution to use, but it must be joomla integrated.
(Virtuemart preferred, but not required)
Paypal will be the first checkout solution (with others down the road possibly).
Gallery2 has a cart solution.
4. You are free to determine which gallery component to use, but it must be joomla integrated.
(RSGallery2/Gallery2 preferred, but not required)
5. You are free to determine which image editor to use, but it must be usable within Joomla.
5. System contraints:
a) Users may upload and edit pictures without registering with the site. Users may then save to their local machine (without registering) or save it to their gallery (which requires registering and accepting terms and conditions and registering with the site).
b) Editing photos must include rotating and image cropping at a minimum.
c) Registered users may upload Y photos (but Y should be configurable)
d) Each user has their own gallery, and each user has a single gallery.
e) Each user may define and create X groups. ( A group is an MxN grid, where M >=1 and N >= 1, of user images uploaded into their gallery AND web site images that are available for everyone to add to a cluster).
f) Users may remove, edit, and add images to a shopping cart. Users may not remove images that are in a cluster.
g) Each group has a name, a short description, and a set of accociated images.
h) Before saving to the site, the image must meet the minimum image requirements (configurable).
i) There will be an admin defined gallery of images (the collection) that all users may include images from for their groups.
An example web site is available at http://kasa.relvargroup.com. Each page is close to what the final look and feel will be, and include notes regarding the functionality each page requires. Upon successful completion of the project, users should be able to
1) Upload and edit photos.
2) Add photos to their gallery
3) Create groupings of their photos and possibly the web site gallery images; name and save them using drag and drop (we have been using DHTMLgoodies ([url removed, login to view]) as our drag and drop script).
4) Add photos to a shopping cart.
5) Add groupings to a shopping cart.
6) Shop an available product set.
7) The look and feel should closely resemble the pages at http://kasa.relvargroup.com.