The application runs on the Windows platform with SQL 2005. We think Active Perl would be the most suitable language for the task.
FLASH VIDEO PROCESSING
• Videos are uploaded to the media server where they are added to a processing queue
o The CMS need to reflect this
o once video is uploaded, it need to be listed in CMS backend with a status next of "Processing"
• The videos are then converted to Flash videos (FLVS) by a script using ffmpeg.
• This script needs to first of all take some frames of the videos before converting it, to get the best quality.
o Users have often complained they don't like the preview image taken.
o If we take three shots this will give them a choice, e.g. one at 25%, one at 50%, and another at 75%
o They should also have the choice of uploading a custom preview image.
o This preview image will be used to load the image into the player before the video is played, and to make smaller thumbnails from.
• Once the preview images have been grabbed, we need to convert the video.
o Two default options for encoding the video, medium and high quality
o They can choose which they want when they upload it
o Both should use two-pass encoding as the results are much better.
• The script should abstract away the software used to process them a little
o At the moment it's ffmpeg, but we may well use a different command line program in the future
o Needless to say, the variables remain the same:
• Once the video is processed the status in the CMS will be processed.
Please Bid Accordingly & realistic and a Demo or a Similar past work sample would be Great !!