The work that we are interested in commissioning involves converting multi-page PDFs to single-page DOCs.
• The original material is PDFs of school text books. Pages are text
with black-and-white line artwork.
• There's quite a lot of this stuff... probably around 1,000 pages initially,
with the possibility of more sets of books to convert over the course
• We can provide both PDFs and semi-formatted Word DOCs (ie. PDFs
turned into DOCs using a program that achieves imperfect conversion;
all text is preserved and all graphics included, but graphics are in
the wrong place, each line of text becomes a separate text block, and
any landscape pages are a mess because the conversion doesn't cope
with vertical text). You don't have to use these DOCs as a starting point, but they are available if you want them. Samples of both PDFs and semi-converted DOCs have been uploaded for reference.
• The finished Word DOCs must appear as similar as possible to the
original pages, allowing for the limitations of Word compared to the
page layout software with which they were originally created.
• Pages must be formatted in such a way that pictures can be moved and
deleted, text must be easily editable, tables must allow text to be
added to any empty boxes. Other simple editing should also be possible, such as typing over any lines on the page.
• We would need to see some samples of finished pages before accepting any provider's bid, and would expect to clarify a few issues or questions that are not clear from the above description.
• We've listed this as a medium project, but what we really need to know is how much you'd charge per page, as this is the basis on which we would want to work.
• Please ask if you have any questions!