Hardware / firmware design.
I have developed a POC for a bike box where you can open a bike box (kind of schelter with 5 bikes) by an RFID card. Access is checked from a remote server, (directly or in some cases by a whitelist checked every 24hrs).
This POC works fine, but now we want to go a step further, and have our own device instead, as we have some specific requirements.
For the software / firmware it would be good if we could work on an arduino based system, so that in case we want to change something in the source it can be done without having to redesign and develop everything.
- 3G /4G (so SIM slot)
- RS485 input (for the card reader)
- Output: 6 outputs BUT should be possible to extend to 20 outputs we can control individually
The software is in fact rather easy. We need to
- rfid card is presented on the reader (RS485) and the card number is checked internally in the whitelist. If correct a certain output should be triggered (5 seconds of power)
- Rfid card is presented but this time the card is send over mqtt towards our server. Server sends back a command on mqtt and then an output is opened
- Device should send keep alive with battery status every hour
- BLE : command is send over BLE to open a certain door
Wifi on the device is used instead of 4G to have the internet connection.
I am looking for someone that can provide the whole package and assist me with a prototype. If you can generate prototypes that would be perfect too, but otherwise I know the local companies that can do that part.