As discussed , I forward you the specifications for a payment system for youspeakit.com. Basically, this is a payment system for access to different "services"; viewing a video with double subtitling with the "click and learn" fonction is one them; next services will be "penpals" service where people (students, teacher and individuals will have access to penpal community) and language lessons. Therefore purchasing a service equals to attributing to a buyer a usergroup access.
I've tried previously AEC but this is really too complicated and you cannot tweek the code. I've been using Akeeba backup and really like the robustness of it and simplicity and I really think Akeeba subscription might be a good choice all the more it seems that the code can be tweaked.
Needs and specifications:
Mode of payment
- Payment via Paypal / Credit Card / or by inviting 10 friends who register (then account only valid when the 10 are registered) and it can rely on your existing FBlogin component for that part
- option by cheque for the class registration by teacher in our current edu_component under construction.
- Buying an "service" = buying an access
- We have an httpS by 1&1 if necessary
- Gateway for a SMS payment would be great (many students have cell phones but no credit card) I think that Paypal has a SMS payment. (Fortumo ? for instance)
Duration - subscription
- 1 year access for "video"
- full time access for "lessons"
- 1 year access for "penpals
Invoicing is automatic by email
Service video (lk_video)
should be tweaked so that
- I can manually "tick" in the backend if a video is free for demo , otherwise it is premium by default
- usergroupd and useraccess for the video component could be (but upon to you) Video_Premium
Other services to come (for information)
- penpal system (you can check up to date development at [url removed, login to view]) and student/teacher system .
- lessons of French / English... I'll manage access through menu with usergroup access
As you can see this is not so difficult and more about tweaking if necessary. adding a field "free" to be ticked in the video component (=public access), implementing SMS payment, implementing "pay with 10 friends registration" and "pay by check" option for the next edu_component (indeed students will be registered by teachers who pay by cheques)
no urgent. within 1 month.