Hi! I've got source files of an app for iPad created in Cocos2d though I'm not sure about the latter. I need this source to be converted into a build containing certain UDID's so that an app can be tested by betatesters. As far as I know this should be done in Xcode following the instructions [url removed, login to view] paragraph "Creating an iOS App Store Package". So as a result of this I should get a package which can be installed and tested on iPads. I've already created a profile with UDID's which should be used in a new build. I believe this is a 5 minute work for one who knows this process. Here below I list the instructions received from my betatesters. While diving into this I've come across some notes that said that you might get an *.IPA file after conversion instead of an *.APP file so follow these instructions in a smart way. One more thing to mention. When I created a new profile with UDID's I read that it should be "distribution" profile rather than "ad-hoc". So if you say that it should be "ad-hoc" instead - I will re-build the profile. I attach a screenshot of created profile. Source files will be sent to one who gets the job. If you need more info on source files I can send you screenshots of files/folders or smth like this. And last but not least. I'd require that we create a working build so we keep trying unless we have one. Not just a single try wihtout any responsibility. If we succeed at once - I'll be happy. And I'll do my best to help you. The one who succeeds may get more job to do. Thank you! =)
* Follow the instructions in the “Building your Application with Xcode for Distribution” section of the Distribution tab to set your project up to use the new provisioning profile + make an Ad-Hoc build.
* Build the project with your new Ad-Hoc configuration, and locate the .app that was built. Next, we need to package it so it’s easily installable by the beta testers:
* Make a folder named “Payload”
* Copy your app into the “Payload” folder
* Zip up the “Payload” folder
* Rename the resulting .zip with an .ipa extension. So if it was “[url removed, login to view]”, name it “[url removed, login to view]”.
* Take your .ipa and the .mobileprovision, and zip up both of those so there’s just a single file needed by the beta testers.