I have a computer science background and have a lot of experience in web development but am not familiar with developing apps for macOS.
I have a website for users to access running on a Linux server on DigitalOcean. I also have a Mac mini for running the to-be application.
I want to build an application that will allow a user to control a Safari window remotely through my website.
- The user should be able to view and control the Safari window from their browser through my website (e.g. can scroll and click).
- The application should delete history, bookmarks, cache, cookies, etc. after the user is done browsing.
- The user should be limited to the current Safari window. They can't access other applications, open new Safari windows, change OS settings, etc.
- This application should support multiple users at once with each user isolated to their own Safari window.
- The application must prioritize security. The remote user should not be able to compromise the OS, applications, or other users in any way.
I am open to different approaches to solving this problem.