SIMPLE map drawing layout tool (Windows) SPECS
1. Create a SIMPLE layout tool for creating maps with horizontal roads (east/west) & vertical roads (north/south) for Windows 7 & 8 (SEE ATTACHED MOCKUP)
File = open, close, exit
Settings = Snap-to-Grid (default = ON), Settings (a dialogue)
3. It has a left-hand toolbar with 3 buttons
(I) Vertical (north/south) Road (drag button to drop road on layout (adds road & splits blocks)
(II) Horizontal (east/west) Road (drag button to drop road on layout (adds road & splits blocks))
(iii) Merge Blocks (joins selected blocks (removes roads)
4. It has a vector-based layout component with selectable roads AND blocks (on a Tab).
5. It has a READ-ONLY 'properties' sidebar at right that lists length/width of selected block OR road.
6. Snap-to-grid uses grid-size specified in settings sub-menu
7. Settings sub-menu dialogue
(I) grid-size (default = 20)
(II) road ditch (default = 20)
8. No save function (files are ALWAYS saved instantly
Please comment (1) that you understand the ATTACHED mockup & (2) What vector-draw component you might use? (eg is PolarDraw a good idea, I like that the full code of the component is provided)?
Regards - Paul
road ditch SHOULD READ road width