We are looking for someone to develop a very simple/lightweight browser integration for us which will allow a user to send data to our contact SOAP web-service API. Since we will control who installs the add-on, we are fine with it working with either IE7 OR FireFox.
The add-on will do the following.
1. It will connect with our SOAP ContactManager web-service API. There should be a place where the user can enter a username/password which will be required to authenticate against our webservice.
2. When the user right clicks on an email address in a webpage, it will bring up a simple window, auto-populating the email address and website url fields. The form will allow the user to enter the following additional info.
1. First Name
2. Last Name
3. Email address (auto-populated from the user selecting the event)
4. A URL: this will auto-populate with the current URL they are on.
5. A simple Notes textbox where they can type notes.
And a "submit" button. Upon hitting "submit", the add-on will send the data to our SOAP API to store the info in our central server.
The web-service API already exists, and we can provide access to a development url. We are looking for a developer who has developed a firefox add-on, or IE Add-on in the past, and understands how to connect to a .NET SOAP Web-service end point.