WARNING: DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE NOT AN .NET EXPERT. DO NOT ACCEPT THE PROJECT AND SEND ME AN EMAIL SAYING 'THE BUDGET HAS GONE UP'. I HAVE 20 YEARS SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT. I HAVE TEN PROJECTS OUTSTANDING BECAUSE OF FRAUDULENT CLAIMS BY DEVELOPERS REGARDING THEIR BID AND SUITABILITY. SEE THE FULL TEXT OF THE AGREEMENT BELOW.
This is a small project to create an Add-on to the BeyondTv software using their downloadable SDK.
Download the SDK from here
[url removed, login to view]
The aim of this project is to allow recording of any program based on a set of keywords or names beyond just the title and 14 day schedule restriction.
Currently you can record in BeyondTV a program or series for the next 14 days or so. But what if the show you want to record is not going to happen in the next two weeks. In fact you don't know when it will ever happen but you think it might. For example 'The spy who loved me'. Just say it is not playing in the next 14 days (not on the schedule). This software add-on will allow you to add it to your wishlist.
THen, in 3 months when HBO put on the 'The spy who loved me' it will give an exact match and record.
Another function is by keyword. The program will always report on similar matches in case of keywords. For example you enter the keyword 'Jeniffer Lopez' This will cause the program to scan the schedule every time it is updated to see if there is any program that has Jennifer Lopez in it. That way you will see all her interviews and films forever. Or maybe you are interested in a particular city say 'Varanasi, India' THen all programs that are about that city will be added to the program schedule.
The program should warn if there are too many matches for a keyword. Example, if you use the keyword 'weather' then you might have dozens of recordings a day. The program should warn the user.
The project is to create an add-on to the interface that would allow the recording of shows based on keywords or title BEYOND the 14 day limit of tv schedules. It will also allow the uploading of an .csv or text file of films.
Additionally, there will be a firfox extension that will allow you to select a word or sentence and add that into the keyword list.
Say you are in [url removed, login to view] or rottentomatoes or the current movie listings online. Then you think 'I won't go to see it but I would love to see it when it comes to TV.' Then you select the name of it and it is automatically added to your wishlist.
Another use: You could make a list of your 100 favorite movies in excel. Then you upload this to the beyond scheduler and they will be recorded when each one appears in the actual tv schedule. It might take a year for all those films to appear on TV but eventually you will get them all.
The program should interface to the beyond tv schedule program so that you can manually add this directly to the program. i.e. the Add-on should run as part of the current program, if possible.
The following are additional initial requirements PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ THIS CAREFULLY:
1. You must be able to speak, write, and understand English fluently since you will need to be able to re-word content when building out the site from information and sources which will be provided to you. Additionally this site will be in English and that’s all we can communicate in.
2. You must be easily accessible by email and also by telephone during normal business hours during development,or if not possible, by SKYPE or internente messaging. redesign, testing and deployment. Once successful bidder is agreed we can set timeframes for calling, if necessary having regard to different time zones and we will be fair in that regard. We are located in Los Angeles, California, USA Pacific Standard Time
6. You must be able to complete the project within 1 week of given a deadline.
6.1 If you accept the bid and project specification then you are in contract with me to complete the project for the bid specified. NO INCREASES IN BUDGET WILL BE ENTERTAINED. If I change the specification then the budget will be reviewed fairly.
7. MUST be willing to make all necessary revisions. We will also require your availability for updates following completion and ability to review progress and course of writing any given grant. Please DO NOT RESPOND if you have not completed several similar projects and also provide examples for review. This is mandatory.
8. You must be willing to use Escrow via the [url removed, login to view] site and there will be no advance payments. We are a reputable company and we will pay and be fair but we require utmost integrity both sides. We require references.
9. We will require credentials and references prior to award.
10. We reserve the right to cancel the project if we do not hear from you within a reasonable timeframe. (3 to 4 business days without responding to e-mail is unacceptable).
11. We reserve the right to not release any of the escrowed fees if you do not deliver the scope of work within the timeline and our expected quality agreed upon.
12. If you are interested and will be providing a bid You must PM us after reading this and write one message that says "IPAYATTENTION", this code will ensure that you have read all the project details.
13. By the way, we know in great details Internet and computer law and related matters and are very familiar with what is entailed, how things work and what things are worth. So let’s not get off on the wrong foot with someone trying to blow smoke at us.
14. FYI we have numerous clients and special projects arising from time to time that can be made available in the future to somebody who impresses us with their talents, timeliness, business manners and enthusiasm. Extensive additional work will also be required for this project once it clears initial stages.
15. Assuming we are happy with the result, we would consider providing credit on the site to your and your organization. This will be viewed and considered by very heavyweight people in the business.